Sunday 6 April 2014

Visit to Lok Virsa Museum

"This is a pioneering effort of Lok Virsa in establishing the first state museum of ethnology in Pakistan as a befitting tribute to the ancient but living traditions of the country and its people." 


It has been more than a month already since I have been in Pakistan. All I have done is sleep and eat and, occasionally venture out the house with Ami to get some groceries or do some impulsive shopping. Ami and Aboo have been spoiling Kavita rotten. Ami makes Kavita ghee wale parathay every morning, most of which are devoured by me since Kavita only takes a few baby mouthfuls. Aboo gives her chai and all other kinds of things babies should not be eating. I've been enjoying the weather and, being at home. It is so nice to do nothing and catching up on movies which by the way deserves another blog post since I've caught up on a lot of films and, want to review them.

I decided to start showing Kavita my home town and, the glories of Pakistan's capital city. It was a Sunday and the plan was to go see Rohtas Fort but which is more than a 100 KM away from Islamabad. We set out too late and, I'm glad we did not go since Ami would have been exhausted going and coming back. We decided to visit Lok Virsa Museum instead. I've never been so I was quite excited myself.

I was really blown away by the museum. It is an awesome, if I may say so, display of Pakistan's rich cultural heritage. 

I must say I just 'skimmed' through it. There was a lot to see, read and savour. All of Pakistan's regions were represented.

I really appreciate how our traditions are described as ancient but living ones.

See some photos below.


Some vintage cars were parked just outside the Lok Virsa Cafe. We had to take some photos! 

Some vintage cars were parked just outside the Lok Virsa Cafe. We had to take some photos! 

Ami outside the entrance.

"This is a pioneering effort of Lok Virsa in establishing the first state museum of ethnology in Pakistan as a befitting tribute to the ancient but living traditions of the country and its people." 

I love the Lok Virsa logo.


The magnificent Pakistani truck 


Heer and Ranjha


Amir Khusro, considers one of the 'fathers' of subcontinent music and traditions
Our musical heritage is so varied, rich, complex and beautiful.  
Ever wonder why western music sounds so alien?
Thank you for making the differentiation! 
Did you know?

We salute you!

The night lights in the museum grounds. 

2 comments:

  1. AJ kal ap logon ko dakhna ma mil rha ha bohat sa ajeb trhan ki marz ki waba phalli hoi ha jasa gestro, cheicken pox, khasra, dangi, cango or b ajeb trahn ki marz aya din sunna ko milti hain. or ain sa kai log jan sa jata hain mukamal ilaj na hona sa, Allah Talan a har marz ka ilaj Quran pak ma farhma kiya ha.
    Rohani Zaicha
    Istikhara
    Horoscope
    Astrology
    Istikhara for Marriage
    ROhaniilaj
    ROhani Wazaif
    Amil Online
    Amliyat
    Black Magic ka tor
    Marriage problem
    Husband Wife Problem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ami Pro Crack I am very impressed with your post because this post is very beneficial for me and provide a new knowledge to me

    ReplyDelete