This is when the light was RED. And the mood was BAD.
Three heads are better than one.
I had been thinking all along that configuring and testing the Meraki Access Point would be the trickiest part of the WAN project. But nope, the guys configured it and we got a signal all the way to New Port Street! They still have not tested those friggin' flat panel antennae yet but I am thinking they've got this.
So which piece of %$^@$&@$%TY@$%T hardware gives us a hard time? The FREAKING PABX. Because guess what? Our US supplier sends it to us unlocked. What? Yes. U-N-L-O-C-K-E-D! The Panasonic guy had asked our man whether he wants the damn thing opened and our man thought he meant the packing. Besides that the entire system didn't come with the basic serial cables either. Neither with the software. Even though we asked for it. We would have paid for it, too. Anyway, my supplier here in Liberia took the rap for it and got it unlocked. After spending an entire day and god knows how much in phone calls.
You know people say, take it easy, take it easy. NOTHING gets done if you take it easy. You have to raise a hue and cry and/or do it yourself.
So you have to make the sacrifice of having a fire-breathing-monster reputation even though it's not your fault. It's the fault of all the incompetent morons of this world that you became so grumpy in the first place!!
But the main thing to remember here is we got it done! I'll give the credit to my US and Liberia suppliers for fixing the problem they created. They were on the phone all day. Apparently, my US supplier had to cancel his dentist appointment to make sure this gets sorted out.
What a joy it was to see that green light on!
They were all working until 1030 PM on a Friday night.
What a good feeling to know it's sorted out and I can move on to the next phase of the project. We are a few days behind but oh well, at least the problem has been resolved and I can move to site and install and fine tune it.
The best part of this is that we now know the ins and outs of buying and configuring a PABX. I still have to go and install it on site but I'm sure it'll be a piece of cake.