Wednesday 2 April 2014

Two new kilms

I vowed to stay away from shopping from my long trip in Pakistan. I promised I would only buy some necessary items and, just spend money on going out and, maybe a few new joras

Well, I have three new joras from Khaadi and Thredz and, also bought material to get 3 new ones made. I was made to buy 2 Bareeze kameezes on my mother's persuasion. Somehow, she thinks Bareeze is the best money can buy while I think their stuff is appropriate for curtains and table cloths. 

There has been an explosion of retail outlets where one can buy beautiful shalwar kameezes and kurtas. Once upon a time there were only a handful of trendy places to go shopping now there are so many new places. I can't get enough of it! 

I also bought a few toys for Kavita, including a rocking horse. In fact I fixed up the spare room as a baby room. It's looking really cute. I also got high chair and a car seat. 

The main thing I wanted to splurge on is a painting but I haven't been able to get to Nomad or Khuch Khaas Gallery yet. 

Meanwhile, I splurged on two kilms in Super Market. They will look great in my apartment in Monrovia.

We had a great evening rummaging through this particular shop's collection of carpets, kilms and shawls. It is owned by "pure Sindhis" as the owners told us themselves. They are Hindu Pakistani Sindhis and it was fun chatting to them. They were quite impressed to hear I was married to an Indian Sindhi Hindu. 






No comments:

Post a Comment