Sunday 7 March 2021

Why I march

I march because the patriarchy is insidious. It is there, controlling , suffocating, brainwashing women from the moment they are born. I march because liberal feminism has its limits. I march because it is not enough to overcome patriarchal control, liberate your mind, and live life according to your own terms. I march because Pakistani women suffer horrific sexual violence and, Pakistani society doesn't bat an eyelid. I march because my own success and comfort is hollow without standing up against oppression of Baloch women. I march because feminism is taking a stand against capitalism, war, empire, racism and, environmental degradation. I march because women's labour and care cannot be made invisible anymore. I march because women 's liberation from all oppressions has to be on everyone's mind and struggle. I march because feminist analysis doesn't leave anyone behind. I march because women speak loud and clear.  

#AuratAzadiMarch2021




No comments:

Post a Comment