Monday 1 March 2021

Adventures in f-1 2 3 4 5

I had to do a few things in F-10 Markaz : banking, getting some groceries. I secretly photographed a fellow sitting at the Bank with the typical nose over the mask style. There aren't that many people who wear a mask but of those who do, many don't wear the mask correctly. This chap is a case in point. 

I visited 2 banks. The second one is located literally next to a kasai. We saw some ducks swimming in a big metal tub. One was waddling about and, I found it very strange to see ducks at a kasai's. I've never seen it before. The kasai kept catching it and dunking it in the tub and the duck kept asking. During this commotion, I asked the kasai whether people ate duck now. He said yes and people also buy ducks as pets. "How much"? 1200. I remembered our ducks at our house in Athens which were eaten by the neighbourhood cat. Kavita and I looked at the chickens and roosters in cages and felt sorry but also have to remind ourselves that this is where the tasty food we crave comes from. 

Kavita and I had a leisurely early dinner at Janan Restaurant, that serves Turkmen cuisine. 

I think I'm in love with the Turkmen Pilao. It is even more dizzyingly delicious. If there is a dish which I always crave when I'm away from Islamabad is the Kabuli Pilao from Kabul Restaurant. But now, the Turkmen Pilao has equally caught my fanciful taste buds. 

The weather of course is very sunny and warm. These moments of spring are to be relished. 

The peeli taxis looked even more peeli in the late afternoon light. 

There was a beautiful glow and light everywhere. The evening started getting cooler and we decided to walk home with a stop at the wooden park on the way. Kavita is obsessed with showing off in the playground now, climbing, swinging, sliding. 











My kingdom for pilao 



Peeli peeli taxi 


Sham ki dhoop , peeli peeli taxi


So, Kavita insisted on getting a new pencil box even though there's perfectly good
pencil boxes at the house, some from my own school days and many new ones. So, I 
gave in and let Kavita get a new pencil box. I have a weakness for stationery so I 
had to give in. Her kids will have a treasure of pencil boxes one day. 


Walking back home









We stopped for a bit at "The Wooden Park"









Our cozy bench 




People getting on transport vans

No comments:

Post a Comment