Tuesday 9 March 2021

I am so proud to be Kavita's mother

I am so proud of my daughter Kavita who marched from Press Club to D-Chowk with me at Aurat Azadi March. She was tired but she still marched. She was in the dalla last year that was rained with rocks by mullahs but she still came with me to march this year, excitedly holding and showing her poster that she had made the night before. She was next to me during the speeches, the performances and also danced with me. She got tired and bored but patiently stayed until the end. (And hungrily ate biryani and shami kebab at Comrade's warm home in the evening) I am proud of Kavita who has attended so many marches, protests, WDF meetings, made posters, and, because she is so smart and brilliant, has learned so many feminist arguments, logic and analysis. She keeps demonstrating her learning to me and with friends and family members. I am so proud to be Kavita's mother.

#AuratAzadiMarch2021

















Kavita showed me a magic trick , she got a bit bored by this time. See here


The theatre and dance performance were so beautiful, powerful and inspiring. 


Alia Amirali's speech was the highlight of the programme 





No comments:

Post a Comment