Monday 3 September 2018

A rain-drenched evening walk ☔

It rained the whole day and then, it kept drizzling in the evening. Nevertheless, fearless Kavita and I decided to embark on our evening walk. We are not scared of a little rain, are we? 

Kavita has a very good rain coat gifted to her by her Nani which comes into good use in the Liberian rainy season. I have fleecy coat with a hat but I need to get a rain coat too. 

Anyway, the walk was very pleasant and, we enjoyed the elements. Kavita is much more comfortable around Bijli and even lets her lick her face. 

Everything looks and feels different in the rainy season. Muted white light like a fluorescent tube light seems to put everything into a sharp relief. Golden sunlight makes things glow and softens the edges but, a tropical city under an overcast drizzling sky is not just grey but humid and cool at the same time, it is bright and wet. Wearing my coat, I actually worked up a sweat, walking up and down.  but my fingers and hair were wet and cold. My glasses of course were completely fogged up. 

We went to see the sunset over the ocean sitting on the edge of the small wall in a compound, down the road going towards Waterside. We walked into the compound and the old man at the gate kept muttering over and over again how we should take his permission before entering. I kept apologising and told him I had come here many times before. He did not smile until Kavita went to promise him we'd ask his permission next time. 

See the writing on the keke photograph below: "Life is not static, life is dynamic"


















No comments:

Post a Comment