Sunday 21 June 2015

Three films, three reviews

I managed to see three movies during my flights to and from the US via Royal Air Maroc: The Hundred-Foot Journey , St Vincent and Hector and the Search for Happiness. There is something truly magical about being able to watch films thousands of feet in the sky while journeying to other continents. 
Jammed with cliches and lazy stereotypes, the only saving grace for The Hundred-Foot Journey was the amazing Om Puri romancing the equally regal Helen Mirren. St Vincent was a wonderful story of a cynical old man's friendship with a little boy but it could have done without Naomi Watts putting on a Russian accent. Why not just employ a Russian actor? Finally, as much as I love the cast of Hector and the Search for Happiness, I thought it was just as bad as Love, Eat and Pray. I mean really? Find other continents besides Asia and Africa to project your existential angst, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment