Saturday 24 November 2012

An Excursion to the Field Museum

I finally ventured out for my first bit of sight seeing at the Field Museum. The Museum is really a natural history plus history plus anthropological place of interest. I got to see the Maharaja exhibit (couldn't take any photos, though) which included some striking pieces. 

Did you know life has undergone several mass extinctions? I did - I think I learned that through a documentary but it was nice to be reminded of it again and to realise that life has survived and evolved against all odds. 

I loved the dinosaurs! I thought Sue, the world's largest, most best preserved and most in tact T-REX was a treat to see although I would have thought a more formidable and fearsome name would have been given to this mighty REX - I mean Sue?

It reminded me all over again of how much dinosaurs have captured our imaginations. And, being in a museum with dinosaur fossils reminded me of guess who?? Calvin! And particularly which particular moment? THIS one, hands down:





Here are some of my favourite photos:
































1 comment:

  1. Great photos and Calvin little trip to the museum is complimenting your visit perfectly!

    ReplyDelete