Monday 8 October 2012

Scrabble on the Terrace on a Rainy Sunday

Haresh and I went up to the terrace yesterday to have a friendly game of Scrabble. It started out as quite a blisteringly sunny day but quickly turned into a dreamy, cloudy rainy day which cooled us down. We were also able to fill up our water tank since we are harvesting rain water these days and, saving around $ 20.00 per week. 

The game was really going in my favour and, my opponent, despite having had possession of the blank tiles since the beginning of the game, tried to befuddle me with his strange tactics. This included coming up with nonsensical words - Balderdash style - hoping I wouldn't challenge them. Two of them turned out to be real words - vend and lien - and I got myself 2 zero's. Even then, I held my own and was clearly in the lead. 

BBC radio was on on my Nokia X2 and we heard the announcement that the T20 World Cup final between Sri Lanka and the West Indies was on. This was Haresh's excuse to abandon the game and go downstairs! 

Apparently, he'd done the same thing last Sunday when he'd challenged a fellow chess player he met on the Google Expats Group to come over and play a few friendly games. It was the Pakistan - India match and apparently, Haresh lost all three games, despite the fact India was in the lead all along! 

Here are some photos to remember the day:


What thheck is "yombails'? 





























No comments:

Post a Comment