Saturday 23 October 2021

Late lunch at Monal on a very very rainy rainy Sunday



It has been raining, thundering, hailing and lightening every Sunday of this month. Today was no different. 

I've been dreaming of a leisurely lunch at Monal for a while. I haven't been since 2019 when Haresh was here and, we had gone up there for an Iftar. 

I didn't want to go up there on a rainy day but it was now or never. I would have preferred a warm sunny day but the views of gray rain-filled clouds over Islamabad were worth it. 

Summer has been rained out and, it was quite an adventure today. Kavita and I thoroughly enjoyed the rain while eating the splendid food at Monal. 

I have to say I am always amazed at how amazing the food and service is at Monal. One always gets seated immediately and, one's food arrives before you know it. The desi food at Monal is delicious. The service is impeccable. And, this is one of the largest restaurants there are. 

Despite the rain and having to shift customers and wipe away the rain and, adjust everything , it was a pleasant experience. 



See the video I made driving up to Monal: Drive to Monal , Pir Sohawa on a rainy Sunday










We got a shahi platter which had 2 grilled batair! Shahi Platter at Monal on a rainy rainy Sunday 


No comments:

Post a Comment