Saturday 31 October 2020

Evening stroll: baklava, burgers, cats and mice

This evening, Kavita and I took a leisurely stroll to F-11 Markaz. Kavita embarked with her scooty and I did not have to carry it. Mostly. 

Days are so much shorter now and, I actually miss the luxuriousness of long days when it was still possible to feel you had enough time in the day to still accomplish something. Now, it feels the day is over even before it really started. 

We got popcorn in the bazaar, stopped at Burning Brownie for a hot chocolate and my favourite chicken deli sandwich. We then met at another place for tea and chips with Aysha and her entourage! And, for the first time in my memory, I saw a cat having caught a mouse and, proceeding to eat it. 

The kids went crazy over that and, the cat kept dodging them, taking her catch from table to hedge to table and then , next restaurant. 

Tom never got Jerry so this was historic. 

So, I also discovered authentic baklava at the supermarket today. The fellow at the Sultan Bakery counter let me try some and, it was delicious. Well, why  not? We are consuming Turkish soaps and, baklava should rightly be available everywhere too. (sorry, my Greek friends, you also make wonderful baklava). 

And, I also took a picture of the TBC joint in F-11. It literally makes the best burgers and, Kavita and I often pick them up on our way home. Looks like they are owned by Meat Dukaan and, are in the same basement next to a fruit/veg stall under Saeed Book Bank. What could be better than that? Books, burgers, fruit and fresh meat all in one corner. 














No comments:

Post a Comment