Tuesday 9 October 2018

Let's add and subtract, sing and play and, read and write

Some glimpses of "home schooling." Kavita has guitar lessons 3 times a week and, is enjoy the lessons. She is almost stuck to her guitar these days and, is even trying to make her own songs. One of her songs is "If am a warrior." 

I also give her lessons in adding and words. I try to make it fun.

What I really enjoy doing with Kavita is drawing. I have always doodled but drawing and painting with Kavita is a new joy in itself. 

Kavita is now catching on to reading and, after reading a few books over and over again, she knows them almost by heart. Phonics is apparently the way to teach children to read but I'm doing it the old fashion way. I've noticed she then recognises words out of sentences and, even written somewhere else. 

If I write a little story next to my drawings and, don't read it the words, she really really tries hard to read! 

Hopefully, she'll soon start reading and, be stuck to a book, too, just like her guitar. 











No comments:

Post a Comment