Wednesday 25 October 2017

Evening walk via Capitol Bye Pass

Today I decided to go for one of my old walking routes that takes me through Capitol Bye Pass via UN Drive and Executive Mansion. It's a nice long walk. These photographs are from today's evening walk. 

I photographed tree trunks of felled trees. It's really terrible to see that trees have been chopped down.  It should always be avoided to cut down a tree but if a tree has to be cut down, let there at least be a placard next to it, explaining why the tree had to killed. 

There's a very fabulous fashion store next to Afriland First Bank! 

Capitol Bye Pass was full of 'ronak.' There were a few bars/tea shops full of patrons sitting on chairs outside, talking, drinking and enjoying music. There were so many tailoring shops and a new boutique. It was nice to pass through this part of town after a long time on foot. 

When I reached Broad Street, I passed by the small stadium and it appeared that a party was about to start. So many people had filled the stadium/basketball court seats and, when I asked I was told, it was a church celebration. The church, the services, the parties are such a big part of peoples' lives. 









No comments:

Post a Comment