Monday 21 December 2015

Cinnamon and ginger cookies

I tried a cookie recipe and, was surprised at how easy it is to make cookies or biscuits. 2015 has been my first foray into baking and so far I've made cakes and cupcakes but not tried cookies so this was indeed relieving to get it right the first time. 

These cookies were bursting with cinammon and ginger, not to mention the wonderful aroma that filled the house. 

All the cliches about baking are really true: it is relaxing; it feels like one is really creating something; measuring and sifting is cool; there is a scientific precision to the measuring; there is something magical about how different combinations of flour, butter and eggs can transform into edible delights; and, most of all, there is true joy is sharing one's baked goods. 

Honestly, I am not a generous person by nature but baking kind of forces you to be kind. Every time I bake a cake, I have an urge to bring it to the office to share with my staff and send a slice to Mama Susu on Gurley Street. 

I gave Kavita flour and food colouring to 'bake' with while I made the cookies.

The conclusion is baking can inspire kindness. 






No comments:

Post a Comment