Friday 12 August 2022

Whimsical illustrations

I read this article Main Apni Sabse Favourite Hoon: Chronicles of an Instaspam Queen for fun. I am somehow persuaded by the idea that women can't be guilty for occupying cyberspace by sharing photos of their lives, food, clothes, moments etc. Sure, it's apolitical. Sure, it kind of reeks of elitism but is that merely my self righteous judgement? I know that everyone regardless of class likes to go online and, post events, birthdays, news. I've even had my Liberian housekeepers take photos of themselves in my home and, they enjoy centering themselves. I know it it because I'm friends with them on Facebook. Instagram is really considered dumb by self identifying intellectuals. For those who can't write. A friend on Facebook posted as much. But these platforms are what we make of them. 

I liked the illustrations: 



No comments:

Post a Comment