Monday 28 September 2020

Good evening , Girl with Scooty

 So, schools have re-opened and, you can see some instructions outside a school in our neighbourhood (one of a dozen private schools just alone in this area). 

I am in no rush to send Kavita to school and am helping her to do her assignments and then tediously uploading them in the Google Classroom. I will wait a bit before deciding what to do. 

If I had 4 kids, perhaps I'd only be too relieved to let them go back to school. Who knows. 

But with only 1 and me not working formally, I don't have any sense of urgency to take any risk, however small it might be. Until now, our excursions in public spaces are planned and, I have a sense of control because Kavita is with me. Hardly anyone still sports a face mask but at least I ensure Kavita and I are wearing one and carry hand sanitisers everywhere we go. So, it's all a calculated risk. If I send Kavita back to school within this environment, I'm sure I'll go a little crazy. Even if the school is doing a good job of keeping children apart, enforcing wearing of masks, and keeping a hygienic environment, it's the chaos of picking and dropping children. I'm going to give it a bit more time. 

On top of this whole uncertainty of not knowing when I'll be able to go back to Liberia and re-join Haresh. 






No comments:

Post a Comment