Thursday 15 February 2018

Kavita asks some good questions


Yesterday, Kavita was bored while I was 'lunching' and, I gave in and did the unthinkable: hand over my phone. She scrolled through all the photographs before asking to watch cartoons. But before she overdosed on limitless amounts of 'Max and Ruby', she asked who this lady was? I told her it's Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, the former President of Liberia. She said Ellen doesn't sound like a lady's name and I told her, no, Ellen is a woman's name. Then my friend and I went into detour and started talking about family names, having to keep a man's name, etc. After this, she pulled out a picture of Donald Trump getting slapped by a building. I explained why he was getting slapped. That one went over her head of course but she does recognise Donald Trump by face, even in a political cartoon. Then, she pulled out another girl's picture, a cartoon. Who is this, Ami? I told it was Ahed Tamimi, a brave Palestinian girl, trying to save her family and home who was jailed by the Israelis. She said, maybe Ahed could break out of jail by sliding through the bars at night. I said it was not likely because Israeli prisons are very strong and they have kept many other innocent children. She said, let's go free her. If only we could smash Israeli prisons and free the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment