Monday 13 November 2017

Epic Monday evening walk

Today, Haresh and I went on an epic long walk this evening. Kavita had just woken up from her after-school nap and was quite cranky. Her routine these days is to play, draw and watch cartoons at the office with us until she falls asleep. We try to make sure she sleeps for at least 2 hours every day after school because I don't think she gets enough sleep at night. She usually is up until 10 or 11 PM and then has to be up by 7:30 AM. She loves school so much that Haresh has no trouble waking her up in the morning. Almost every morning, she says she wants to sleep for "5 more minutes" and then gets up with gentle nudging. 

So, anyway, after she woke up up after her nap, she refused to go along on the walk so Haresh and I decided to go ourselves. We packed Kavita off with Musu to the house where Musu was going to allow Kavita to watch cartoons. 

I can't remember the last time Haresh and I walked together, only the 2 of us. Kavita loves walking with us usually so it was strange but also nice for the original 2 members of this family to be together.  Oh, I forgot, Bijli was also with us. 

You know what I have realised about Bijli? She's quite a well-behaved dog. She never, ever barks at any dog (or back at any dog) during our walks. In fact, she's quite timid. She only barks and hollers at passerby's, cars, trucks, etc from the comfort of the balcony. 

During one of my previous walks past the old US Embassy, I noticed that an American (I presume she's American) lady's 2 little dogs barked like crazy at Bijli who didn't even yelp in return. So, next time I saw, them, I joked across the street to the dogs that they didn't own the street. 

We walked from Randall Street up UN Drive and then turned right for South Beach where we connected back to the Executive Mansion and then continued to Capitol Bye Pass. 

On South Beach, this fellow asked for a selfie picture and I asked for one, too. ๐Ÿ˜‰

About 3/4 into our hectic long walk, I asked Haresh, "Are you tired?" "He said, no, I can walk to Zwedru."

We ended our walk with fresh coconut water. Coconuts are now all over Monrovia, being sold in wheelbarrows with a woman or man offering it for 30, 40 or 50 LD, depending on the size. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment