Tuesday 27 July 2010

Back to Liberia - that little bizarre and weird country in West Africa


So I made it back to Liberia safe and sound. My staff was so happy to have me back they decorated the whole place with balloons and welcome signs. My most senior staff member ran down the stairs to give me a hug. My secretary was carrying my bags upstairs. How sweet!

Since I am my own boss I gave myself another day of rest and recuperation from all that flying I did from Asia to Africa. I took it easy for the next couple of days.

Sadly, the sense of holiday and relaxation does not last very long in Liberia. It wears off after a few days because small things around here do not work and that can really raise one's stress levels.

But let me not dwell on the negative. Guess what? Since I have been back, LEC has been on all the friggin' time! I mean, the whole friggin' time. I am IMPRESSED. It's even better than Pakistan. All the times I used to curse them and their seven generations back and forth are gone. I have power all the time. I don't need to go and transfer NLTC at Mama Susu's restaurant. S-W-E-E-T!

I just hope this doesn't jinx my electricity tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment